Virtual Command Center
Choose CMS to perform this critical monitoring function because we can turn on a dime, and we have the technology/infrastructure to meet activity spikes by matching staff to signals.
Monitoring services are the heart and soul of the security business, so our resources, infrastructure, technology and know-how equate to a higher comfort level with added redundancy.
- Our highly trained staff provides your customers with fewer errors for greater peace of mind and enhanced safety.
- CMS has three monitoring centers located across the country and each center is UL Listed and backed up by two generators and uninterruptible power supplies.
- Our monitoring centers are connected. This allows us to load balance by redistributing operator resources during spikes in alarm activity.
- We use only the most sophisticated security monitoring technology to deliver dependable service. We partner with leading technology innovators such as AT&T®, Avaya®, UTC, Honeywell® and Verizon®.
- We are now in a virtual server environment, using VMware, an expensive and advanced server that gives us incredible flexibility and control.
- Caterpillar generators provide backup power for all of our services and have a proven track record when it comes to performing under duress.
Our people are the best. We say that with a high degree of confidence because after thorough background checks, each new CMS employee receives intensive training and certification. Our staff provides speed, accuracy and dependability. Each employee receives continuous mentoring throughout their career to ensure they stay current with training and will deliver exceptional customer service.
- Signaling for burglary, fire, panic, hold-up, low battery and A/C power failure
- Two-way voice
- Supervised open/close
- Communicator tests
- Environmental monitoring: temperature, power, water and gas level alerts
Life Safety Fire Monitoring
We know that life safety is the basis for fire monitoring. We offer complete fire protection services for your customers.
Commercial Fire Monitoring offers dispatch upon receipt of a fire alarm signal and customizable notification on troubles, supervisories and missed timer tests. Signals are received on our dedicated UL receivers, meeting UL standards for alarm signal traffic management. We strictly follow NFPA 72 Guidelines for fire accounts ensuring best practices are followed. Specially trained UL certified operators and dealer support representatives handle UL Fire accounts and comply with the local AHJ. Call us to talk about UL Certificates.
Using UTC Mastermind, fire signals are assigned to operators with specific fire training to respond to commercial fire/NFPA fire signals. Only operators who have passed our training for UL Fire respond to UL Fire accounts. Fire signals hold the highest priority in our monitoring platform, Mastermind.
Having the right fire system panel is critical. We’re compatible with the following top-rated equipment and more:
CMS uses two top-tier carriers:
- AES IntelliNet
- Silent Knight®
Let your customers re-establish mobility and independence with PERS monitoring from CMS.
- Our operators are specially trained to handle PERS signals, stay on the line with your customer until help arrives and follow through after a transport, giving notification to caregivers.
- Custom reports are available with detailed information on every customer’s event history.
- Monitoring representatives handling PERS signals are professionally trained and equipped to handle different types and levels of emergencies by using interactive PERS scenarios, sensitivity training and techniques to promote conversations with your PERS customers. All of our PERS operators must pass a certification exam specific to PERS signals.
- PERS monitoring services can include wellness checks, medication reminders, emergency service, inactivity and fall detection depending on the equipment installed at the customer’s site.
Your customer wears a PERS pendant or has access to a PERS panel. This allows them mobility and independence by keeping them within reach of help at all times. We‘re compatible with devices from Visonic, Linear and LogicMark— all top tier providers.
PERS signals are a top priority and are promptly handled by a monitoring specialist.
Our operators are professional monitoring representatives who are trained and equipped to respond to your customers’ PERS signals. Their education includes hands-on training using PERS scenarios, sensitivity training and conversation-starting techniques. If transport is necessary, we follow through with appropriate contacts. Custom reports are available on every customer’s event history.
Our video monitoring services help you to fulfill two critical functions for your customers.
We provide verification images*: When a customer's burglary panel trips and triggers the recording of video to a Digital Video Recorder (DVR), CMS operators can look in to see what's happening at the premises, allowing us to verify alarms and reduce false dispatches.
Some law enforcement agencies have enforced priority response to enhanced video alarms. This approach uses video verification along with the current prioritization process used in 911 dispatch centers, promoting improved response for confirmation of an alarm. For more information on priority response, click here.
Video monitoring enables proactive viewing: CMS operators can perform guard tours, keep an eye on employee parking lots or busy shopping centers, and monitor employees entering and exiting to ensure safety.
CMS operators at our central stations can look through recordings stored on a DVR to see what happened to trigger each alarm. You and your customers can also proactively view a home or business through their DVR. We utilize popular applications that include Total Connect® Video and CMS SiteControl.
*There are limitations on camera installation. Refer to manufacturer for specifications on cameras, installation,
range and limitations.
Two-Way Voice Monitoring
Give your customers added security and peace of mind with two-way voice monitoring.
- This feature allows customers to communicate hands-free with CMS operators from anywhere in their home or business without using a phone.*
- After alarm activation, our operators can talk and listen to your customers until emergency help arrives.
- This reassures customers and allows us to get valuable information to request dispatch of Emergency Response Providers, including police, fire and paramedics.
- Not only can we provide reassurance to your customer, but this feature also reduces false alarms through verification with your customer. Call Dealer Support for more information on two-way voice communication, compatible panels, and to set up a demonstration.
*Two-Way communication may be limited in certain situations due to the proximity of the Two-Way system and the structure of the building in use. For more details on Two-Way communication, please contact Dealer Support at 800-522-5124.
Help your customers keep an eye on what matters.
For your residential customer this can empower them to play a more active role in monitoring by watching their children come home from school or checking in on elderly family members, even pets.
Interactive services are the way to grow today! With the increase of smartphones and apps, your customers are looking for ways to simplify their day-to-day tasks and using their phones for much more than phone calls.
We offer Honeywell®’s AlarmNet® and Total Connect®, Alarm.com services, DSC’s C24 Interactive and Telguard® Interactive.
Today’s Digital Convenience!
Users can view when their children arrive home from school, receive text notifications and view areas that detect motion.
These services provide your customers with more control while earning you more RMR and cutting down your attrition.
We offer many solutions to the vanishing POTS (Plain Old Telephone Service) line, and they’re all good! Unlike a POTS line, with many of our systems there are no wires to cut to disable your customer’s alarm system. Our technology allows your subscribers to monitor their home or business while they’re away. We feature the latest technology by industry leaders like:
|Communications: IP, GSM Providers|
|GSM & IP
|Others: Elk (GSM) Elkguard, VOIP Alarm/Sparrow2
CMS features the latest technology products in security such as: Bosch®, Napco, VOIP Alarm, UTC, and Honeywell—we’re compatible with most major IP communicators. CMS features the latest products like: Alarm.com, AlarmNet, DSC, DMP's ICOM, ELK, Fire-Lite IP, Telular's Telguard, Uplink and more.
- Voice call
- Email or text message
- Dispatch (Authorities)
Our selection, hiring and training process is critical when it comes to choosing the people who serve as your monitoring representatives.
- Before hiring, ALL candidates must pass extensive background checks, drug screenings and interviews.
- Once hired, monitoring representatives are trained and prepared to handle a variety of situations, whether it’s a false alarm or a real emergency.
Before CMS operators respond to live signals, they must complete and pass multiple levels of rigorous training for each type of service—with comprehensive testing and certification at each level. Our training program is comprised of curriculum that exceeds industry standards, making our monitoring representatives the most trusted. CMS monitoring representatives receive feedback throughout their careers for continuous improvement and advancement among our four rep levels.
© CMS. All rights reserved.
Site by Zeller Marketing & Design
SECURITY MONITORING SERVICES, INC. D/B/A CRITICOM MONITORING SERVICES LICENSING INFORMATION. AL ALABAMA ELECTRONIC SECURITY BOARD OF LICENSURE, 7956 VAUGHN ROAD, SUITE 392, MONTGOMERY, AL 36116, TELEPHONE 334-264-9388; #837,1074,604;
AR: ARKANSAS BOARD OF PRIVATE INVESTIGATORS AND PRIVATE SECURITY 1 STATE POLICE PLAZA DRIVE, LITTLE ROCK, AR 72209, 501-618-8600; #E02-044; CA: ALARM COMPANY OPERATORS ARE LICENSED AND REGULATED BY THE BUREAU OF SECURITY AND INVESTIGATIVE
SERVICES, DEPARTMENT OF CONSUMER AFFAIRS, SACRAMENTO, CALIFORNIA 95814. CONTRACTORS ARE REQUIRED BY LAW TO BE LICENSED AND REGULATED BY THE CONTRACTORS' STATE LICENSE BOARD WHICH HAS JURISDICTION TO INVESTIGATE COMPLAINTS AGAINST
CONTRACTORS IF A COMPLAINT REGARDING A PATENT ACT OR OMISSION IS FILED WITHIN FOUR YEARS OF THE DATE OF THE ALLEGED VIOLATION. ANY QUESTIONS CONCERNING A CONTRACTOR MAY BE REFERRED TO THE REGISTRAR, CONTRACTORS STATE LICENSE BOARD, P.O.
BOX 260000, SACRAMENTO, CALIFORNIA 95826; #ACO-6098; DE: #2010601309 #03-272, CSRSL-0016; FL #EF0000694; IL: #127-001359; MD: #107-907; MI: #60436T, 3601205924; NV: #E0314332009-1; OK; #1651; OR: #775615-96; TN: #1420, 1421, 558; TX: COMPLAINTS
CAN BE FILED IN TEXAS WITH THE TEXAS COMMISSION ON PRIVATE SECURITY, 5805 LAMAR BLVD., AUSTIN, TEXAS 78752. TX #AMT-0040, B09792, ACR-2860; VA; #11-2554; WA: #602 812 155 © 2013 SECURITY MONITORING SERVICES, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. 10/13